Tuesday 13 December 2016

KATIE/JACKIE DEVISING PIECE AND SCRIPTED FINALE EVALUATION!

We finally had our final show of our improvised, device piece in the theatre, followed by Fallout at the end of  devising piece.

I really enjoyed my devising piece due to the fact that, I had a really hard time while creating this piece because of my foot injury, nut that didn't stop us. for creating an amazing piece about stop and search. moreover due to the previous performance we had and ending up having a break down, we took the audience feet back and work on everything they told us and perfect our scene.

Stop and search
Therefor I feel our strongest scene was when we did the searching scene in the dark. and that's because we work together as an ensemble with the L.E.D lights and by using physical theatre at the same time, to show the audience  the communication and tension between the police and a young person, we showed that tension by using gesture and movements and ending it with a deep stair in the eye, and standing right in front of them. Moreover, I also feel our final scene was very strong because we also worked as an ensemble, while walking in all together. That had the most tension to me because I was playing police and we had to pursue Ezekiel and Yazmin, so we used proxemics on state to show the tension on the police as hunters of young people. We showed it by walking in a large group in unison and canon the rhythm of our stamping as an ensemble added tension, and representation of  how the police intimidate young people.

Which is quite funny because we swished things up by showing, the dynamics at the end of scene by adapting the Mac-arena choreography  into tense gesture and movements which we performer with pressure and anger at the end. This keep the audience guessing what's going to happen next because of all the changing of emotion, better yet feeding of the their curiosity. Even the sound effect we used was so tense until we chance it to the Mac-arena and ended the scene while singing in a chorus

In Fallout, my strongest piece was towards the end, the" investigation scene", with Dorant, Tyrell and Natalia. because I feel like I was more comfortable during that scene, like we had a lot of energy and we was feeding off each other, As we worked as an ensemble, it helped us to show the tension and anger we had towards each other, Not only the way we worked as an ensemble but our facial expression as well, I mean Tyrell and Natalie didn't have much lines but their facial expression showed that they was connect to the scene and not just listing to us saying the line, so feel that we all was physically connected as a ensemble. Moreover I use a lot of hand gestures and neck movements  to show my character's emoting (sassy/don't care attitude ),  Me and Tyrell also use hands gestures to show or anger by ( hitting the table), and changing our vocal range by (shouting) at each other while projecting our voice. Lastly I was really happy because while rehearsing or piece Me and Dorant always use to have a hard time because we never use to listen to each other properly, but towards the end we got to show the emotion, aggressiveness we wanted and was expecting from each other. and this is because my character and to really aggressive and sassy toward his, Therefor while rehearsing to get me in character, because he knew I love (Rihanna) he would call her names to change my mood. and this really help us with our scene and or characters. so yeah I'm really proud of the final performance we did.

Stop and Search: our less successful scene was our improvisation scene, we did with Me, Bianca, Natalia, Yazmin, Ezekiel and Morgan, because this scene was always the hardest one due to the fact it had a lot of low energy while rehearsing it, however when we performed it for the first time we go feet back about what we needed to work on and we worked really hard into perfecting that scene by adding new pieces to make it stronger and more developed. but what made this scene unsuccessful, is that we used direct address to the audience, and we got some of our lines wrong that we had to say together in unison and I tried not to make it obvious. it was also less successful because I feel like we some of us could've have more energy while performing I feel like we could of been a bit more louder and work much better as an ensemble although we rehearse so much time before our final performance we still didn't get to perfect the scene as much as I wanted it to.

Fallout: although my scene with Tyrell and Natalia wasn't unsuccessful, I still feel like I needed to work a bit more harder on mesmerising my line's because  did forget about to lines,  was really upset at the end of the show but  was happy as well because, we played it off and keep the scene going, but most of all we stayed in character, and the audience didn't realise what happened. as Miss Jackie always said "no matter what happened keep going and stay in character" and  remembered  know the play the audience don't.

Stop And Search/Fallout: overall  feel like the difference between the devised piece and the scripted piece is that, when you do devising pieces you get to be more creative and think outside the box, you also get to experiment with different ideas from different people, try them see if it work if not take them out and try something else you even get to add different character and create your own particular character, moreover you get to come up with different sound effects and using multimedia. . While scripted you have a specific way to ac you have all the lines writing down for you and you can't change it, you have you really research the character and  put yourself in their shoes to connect them physically and emotionally. you can't even express your creativity that much.

Stop And Search: I find coming up with ideas was the most challenging thing I know it might sound weird, because you get to explore your creativity more. But I get really shy and when it comes to saying my idea it will take me really long to saying, because I get insecure about what people will say about what I come up with. but I really tried my best and say what I think would and will not work.

fallout: I find learning my lines really challenging, which is really weird because I'm usually really good at doing that but I really tried my best and learning them. I think it because I had a foot injury so that took most of my attention, but I never you it as an excuse to not learn my lines.

I really enjoyed both pieces in many different ways. It was really good working with two wonderful and different teacher and these two pieces. because I learned a lot of thing from both pieces, like in fallout I was basically  acting as a typical teenager, with stop and search I really had to change my character and my emotion because I had to act as a police woman, and the character is much more mature than myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment