Tuesday 20 June 2017

Inez, Unit 50: Movement in performance-Evaluation.

                                     Inez, Unit 50: Movement in performance-Evaluation. 

Stimulus of the piece:
Miss Inez, choreograph a dance base off the 1996 British black comedy crime drama, called "Trainspotting". which is about a group heroin addicts economically depressed area of Edinburgh and their passage though life. The dance just shows what drug addicts go through when they are experiencing withdrawal syndrome. we used a lot of dynamic and space to portray this piece.
My character: My role for this dance piece: i had to portray one of the drug addict, who is suffering from withdrawal syndrome, and i did this by showing it through my emotion, pain and characterisation. I also used a lot of my face, body language and movement to make it look real and effective as possible .Physical Skills:One of the mean skills we had to have and used for this dance piece is "Dynamics", this because the pace of the piece was quite a bit fast we had a bit of different counts, in different places. sometime we would have to count in 5,6 or in 8. Therefor we needed to show the quality of the piece, with a lot of energy, sharpness and contrast in order to produce and show the rhythm and emotion. How i used my performance and interpretive skills in the piece:
I tried to use my body movements, sharpness and facial expression as mush as possible in the piece, in order to interpret the situation and meaning of  being a drug addict, clearly  as i can to the audience. just by being able to put myself in their shoes and watching different type of videos from trainspotting it self really help me developed the character i had to portray.
My strengths:
. Understanding the piece and choreography.
. Getting the choreography and pace.
. Working well as an ensemble to interpret the piece in the proper way.
. Being on time with the counts and dynamics.
. Learning and working with others.  
My weaknesses:
. Using facial expression.
. Developing the character.
Target and what i need to work on:
i need to get the counts more quite, try to not confuse other and myself, being more confident in what i do and just believe even if i get it wrong once or twice its okay to make mistakes just learn and move on from it.
video links that help me develop my character:


No comments:

Post a Comment